Sometimes Niece Jordan and Kisha like to play around in the kitchen, and when they do, they do what we all do. They cruise the internet for recipes until they find one that sounds good and they go for it. This turned out to be a huge winner--FLOURLESS peanut butterr cookies with only four ingredients total. Doesn't get much more simple than that but bakes up to be a strong, complex peanut butter cookie that will stay in our recipe boxes forever. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Jordan and Kisha!
Recipe: 4 Ingredients Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Recipe from PBS Kitchen Explorers:
Makes 15 cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla on low speed until well combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough 1 1/2-inches apart onto the baking sheet. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, drop the dough with a spoon.
- Flatten the dough balls the tines of a fork, making a cross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they are golden around the edges. Allow the cookies to rest on the counter for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)