If you like the broccoli raisin salad, you'll like this, it's very similar. I created it out of desperation. With only two of us in house, it's hard to make batches of things I can't eat by myself if the hubs doesn't care for it. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he's super picky or that he won't try new things, he just doesn't like broccoli. But. What I have found is that when I substitute cauliflower in some of my favorite broccoli recipes, he loves it as much as I do.
For me, I love both broccoli and cauliflower so this is another great salad with that sweet, sour, creamy, bacon smoky flavor combination I crave.
Sweet and Sour Cauliflower Salad
Recipe by Glenna Anderson Muse
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower, chopped to the size of the grapes
- 1 cup halved green or red grapes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas (not canned--too mushy)
- 3 green onions, diced (or 2 Tbsp red onion, diced)
- 1/8 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/8 cup bacon pieces
- 3 Tbsp home-made mayo or commercial Light Mayo
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar (can also use rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chop all the vegetables and put together in an appropriate bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables. Toss together well. Salt and Pepper to taste. Chill for 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to combine.
Mkes 4 cups.
Nutrition per 1/2 cup: Calories: 76; Protein: 2.5; Carbs: 10; Fat: 3; Fiber: 2; Weight Watchers Points: 2