Photo from http://weightwatchers.com
While we were in St. Louis two weekends ago, my friend Dianne cooked for us a couple of times which is such a treat to me. Like most of us, I love to cook and I especially love to cook for people as a way to show my love for them but I also like the reciprocal. I appreciate that Dianne spent some her time cooking for us and taking such care to make sure everything was diet-friendly and wholesome. Sunday morning she made an egg and sausage casserole that was yummy and on Friday night she made this Easy Turkey Lasagna from a Weight Watchers Five Ingredient cookbook that was very tasty and welcoming, without killing our diets. Thanks Dianne!
Easy 15 Minute Turkey Lasagna
recipe from Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers Points = 6
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey breast
1 (26 oz) jar tomato/basil pasta sauce
1 (16 oz) carton 1% cottage cheese
2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella, part skim
1 box no cook lasagna noodles
1/3 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
2. In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray and over medium heat, brown turkey breast. Add pasta sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
3. In 9"x13" baking pan coated with cooking spray, layer as follows:
1/3 of the meat mixture
1 layer of noodles
1/2 cottage cheese
1/3 shredded cheese
Final layer: rest of meat mixture, noodles, and rest of the shredded cheese.
4. Pour hot water evenly around outside edgesof baking pan.
5. Immediately bake for 30 minutes covered and then 15 minutes uncovered or until noodles are tender. If made ahead and refrigerated, add 20 minutes to first cooking time.